React-like API, concepts and component lifecycle events. Switch over easily with inferno-compat.
One of the fastest front-end frameworks for rendering UI in the DOM, making 60 FPS on mobile possible.See Our Benchmarks
Isomorphic rendering on both client and server, along with fast-booting from server-side renders.
Inferno is different, yet familiar...
- Inferno is much smaller in size, ~8kb vs ~30kb gzip.
- Inferno is considerably faster than React. This doesn't apply to only benchmarks, but real-world applications that companies have converted to Inferno from React.
- Inferno doesn't have a fully synthetic event system like React does, instead opting to only delegate certain events (such as onClick).
- Inferno doesn't support React Native. Inferno was only designed for the browser/server with the DOM in mind.
- Inferno doesn't support string refs – although this can be enabled using inferno-compat. We don't recommend using them, they are the source of many memory leaks and performance issues in real-world apps.
- Inferno provides lifecycle events on stateless components. This is a major win for people who prefer lightweight components rather than ES2015 classes.
- Inferno is able to use the React Dev Tools extensions for Chrome/Firefox/etc to provide the same level of debugging experience to users of Inferno via `inferno-devtools`
Thank you to all our backers! [Become a backer]
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]